Blue Ocean Consulting, founded in 1995 with headquarters in Kansas City, has been helping businesses evolve digitally for more than 20 years, harnessing technology, software and data solutions that impact a business’ bottom line.
Our clients appreciate that we don’t come to the table with a one-size-fits all solution. We dig in and get to the root of the problem…or problems. From there, we unveil our discoveries and collaborate with our clients to craft unique business solutions. Because we truly believe that together, anything is possible.
Our mission: To apply innovation and expertise, leveraging what’s possible through technology advancements.
Our vision: To live at the forefront of technology, giving our clients a competitive edge.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Selling regionally technology consulting, software development, and data analytics to BOC’s prospective clients with revenue that ranges from $20M - $150M.
Manage a complex sales cycle including qualification, digital solutions assessment (DSA), presentation, solution design and statement of work, negotiation and closing.
Maintain constant and meaningful contact with C-Level executives to propose solutions that impact bottom lines.
What you will do
- Drive specific revenue, build strong, lasting relationships with the client by understanding their needs and business objectives.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of our service offerings as well as the existing and future needs of the customer. Convert customer problems into sales opportunities.
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly, quarterly and annual quota objectives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through building strong relationships
- Must have a proven track record of account management/account executive experience.
- Proven Track record selling Complex Enterprise Solutions.
- Ability to forge and maintain good business relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills with top-notch customer service approach.
- Proven experience in using quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess partnership performance and make recommendations for each account.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced work environment and to demonstrate thoughtful leadership in assessing problems/opportunities and recommending an approach to solving problems and pursuing opportunities.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, partnering with all other organizations within BOC including Sales, Engineering, Production & Marketing.
- Strong understanding of Web technologies, and ability to explain technically complex solutions in laymen terms
- Creative problem-solving approach.
- Achieve maximum sales results through prospecting, networking and solution based selling while performing web demonstrations and consistent follow-up
- Educate qualified prospects regarding the BOC product value
- Value Selling Account Management experience a plus